“Looking to build your own tiny home but don’t have experience? We’ve got you covered”
The number of online resources on tiny house living is truly mind-boggling. In the spirit of keeping it simple, here are just a few tried and true classic books (and websites of reputable suppliers).
- A Pattern Language: Towns Buildings Construction. Christopher Alexander et al. New York: Oxford University Press, 1977.
- The Timeless Way of Building. Christopher Alexander. New York: Oxford University Press, 1979.
- Making Better Buildings: A Comparative Guide to Sustainable Construction for Homeowners and Contractors. Chris Magwood. Gabriola Island: New Society Publishers, 2014.
- The Most Beautiful House in the World. Witold Rybczynski. New York: Viking Penguin, 1989.
- The Hand-Sculpted House: A Practical and Philosophical Guide to Building a Cob Cottage. Ianto Evans, Linda Smiley and Michael G. Smith. White River: Chelsea Green
- Publishing. (Although this is a book about cob building, the chapter on Philosophy, Background and Design is excellent and applicable to small living in general)